The Mini Dental Implant Procedure
If you are considering dental implants to address tooth loss, you may have questions about the mini dental implant procedure. Dr. David P. Ney, your trusted implant dentist in Harrisburg, explains what you can expect from this treatment in the video below.
So the implant procedure that I do is, first of all, we always take the actual CT. So the individual comes in, we take the X ray. CT is just an X ray. It’s a very specific one. I will consult with a few other people, typically to find out kind of what would be the best implant to actually place there.
Once we do that, we have a chat, and what I like to do is have a stent made. And what’s a stent? A stent is just something that’s going to fit over the area in which we’re going to place the implant. Has a little hole in it, very small hole, which we use this little instrument that fits into it that allows our pilot drill, which I’ve talked about earlier, to just go through that and actually go exactly where it is supposed to go. So the process then is very simple.
You come in, I put the stent in, we make a mark. We get you numb, we put it back in there. We basically place the implant. That’s a five minute process. Not that that’s the most important thing.
The most important thing is getting it right. So we will take the time to get it right. It’s not a speed test. We will verify it on the actual CT, and you will go home a very happy patient.
- What is a Dental Implant?
- What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- Are Mini Dental Implants as Effective as Conventional Implants?
- What If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- Can Mini Dental Implants Replace All of My Teeth?
- How Much Does a Mini Dental Implant Cost?
- Does Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
- Do You Offer Financing for Mini Dental Implants?