What is a Mini Dental Implant?
Dr. David P. Ney is a leading expert in mini dental implants. If you want to learn more about mini implants and their advantages over conventional options, watch the video below.
So an actual mini dental implant, a lot of people think, what, is it shorter? Is it what? No, really, what the biggest difference between a mini dental versus a conventional you’ll hear people just say implants, right? The implant themselves is going to be a larger diameter, so the circle of it is going to be larger. Sometimes it’ll be longer, sometimes it’ll be shorter.
That doesn’t really matter a whole lot. The mini dental implant, diameter wise, is going to be smaller. And the reason for that is, really they have found out that the success rates between both of those sizes is really negligible.
Meaning there is no real difference how they last, there’s really no major difference once they integrate into the bone. The mini dental implant really serves a great purpose when you have someone who is older, who has had teeth that have been extracted for years.
And so the bone all throughout that time has begun to shrink as well as the actual ridge where we’re going to place it. So mini dental implants are perfect for those areas where we don’t have a whole lot of bone or a whole lot of ridge, and we can place that, allow it to integrate and boom, we get to use it.
So again, if you’re interested in having a consult for any kind of mini dental implant, whether you have a space, whether you have no arch form whatsoever, come on into the office, we will give you a free consult. Again, we will take a nice clear CT so that we can explain options to you and we can go from there.
- Who is a Good Candidate for a Mini Dental Implant?
- What If I Don’t Have Enough Bone for a Conventional Implant?
- How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
- How Do I Care for My Mini Dental Implant(s)?
- Can I Get a New Tooth the Same Day of an Extraction?
- Can Mini Dental Implants Replace All of My Teeth?
- How Much Does a Mini Dental Implant Cost?
- Does Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
- Do You Offer Financing for Mini Dental Implants?