Years ago, taking a picture of yourself was an involved process. You had to meticulously plan and execute the photo, often with special equipment like a tripod, wait for the film to be developed, carefully place the photo in an album, and then show the photo to visitors. That’s quite different from today’s world of smartphones, selfies, and social media. With so many pictures being taken and shared every day, it makes sense to want a stunning smile that exudes confidence at a moment’s notice. If you’re one of the 3 in 5 American adults who are unhappy with how their smile looks in photos, dental veneers may be right for you. This quick and effective treatment will change your relationship with your smile!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made porcelain shells designed to cover the outside of your teeth. They enhance the look of your teeth by concealing imperfections, discolorations, and any other irregularities that may have developed over time. When it comes to fixing cracks, gaps, or blemishes in your smile, dental veneers work wonders.
While some veneers are made from composite resin, others are made from dental porcelain. Porcelain is exceptionally durable, natural-looking, and stain-resistant, making it a popular choice for those seeking dramatic smile enhancement.
Experience the Benefits
Porcelain veneers are an effective cosmetic enhancement. Whether you’re looking for a brighter smile, a more uniform look, or a dramatic transformation, veneers may be the upgrade you’ve been looking for. Here are some of their key benefits:
- Efficient solution for multiple concerns: Veneers provide a single answer to a variety of cosmetic imperfections. If you’re searching for a fix to crooked, misshapen, or uneven teeth, wanting to conceal a chip or gap between your teeth, or hoping to correct a discoloration that won’t respond to whitening, dental veneers can address your concern.
- Durability: Porcelain is a type of ceramic known for its resistance to wear and tear. Additionally, Dr. Ney securely bonds the veneers to the front surfaces of your teeth, creating a stable and long-lasting attachment. This durability ensures that your veneers can withstand daily biting and chewing forces for many years. With proper care and oral hygiene, your porcelain veneers can last for more than 20 years!
- Natural appearance: You will work with Dr. Ney to design your ideal smile. He will help you determine how many veneers will achieve your smile vision and will make sure that they fit perfectly. These steps, along with porcelain’s ability to mimic the texture and translucence of tooth enamel, ensure your smile looks natural.
The Process Explained
The process of getting dental veneers typically involves two visits and little to no discomfort. Here’s what to expect from the process:
- Consultation: During your free consultation, Dr. Ney will assess your oral health, discuss your cosmetic goals, and explain the veneer procedure in detail. This personalized consultation serves as a valuable opportunity to ask questions, address concerns, and collaborate with Dr. Ney to create a customized treatment plan that aligns with your unique smile aspirations.
- Preparation: To prepare your teeth, Dr. Ney will apply local anesthesia and carefully remove some enamel from your teeth to make room for the veneers. Impressions of your teeth will be taken and sent to a lab where skilled technicians will create your custom veneers. In the meantime, you’ll wear a temporary set. This allows you to become accustomed to the look and feel of veneers.
- Placement: When your custom veneers have been completed, Dr. Ney will remove the temporaries, clean your teeth, and bond the new veneers with dental cement. In just a short time, you’ll be walking out the door with a brand-new, brilliant smile.
Veneers vs. Crowns vs. Bonding
Patients often wonder about the differences between veneers and other treatments like dental bonding or dental crowns. Veneers, which sit on the front of the tooth, are better if you’re looking for a durable cosmetic solution. The procedure is efficient and transformative, and the results are remarkably long-lasting. Bonding, on the other hand, is a good solution for those who want to conceal flaws with a treatment that can be reversed. The downside is that the composite resin used for bonding is not nearly as long-lasting as porcelain. Crowns serve a more restorative purpose, wrapping around the entire tooth to restore the tooth’s function.
Dr. Ney is an expert in each of these procedures. At your complimentary consultation, he can help you make an informed choice that aligns with your needs and goals.
Flexible financing options for dental veneers can help make your dream smile a reality without straining your budget. At our practice, we partner with third-party financing companies like CareCredit, LendingClub, and Ally Lending to offer flexible financing plans. These loan and credit options ensure that the cost of your treatment is accessible and manageable.
Contact Us Today to Perfect Your Smile!
Your smile is a powerful signal you convey to the world, expressing friendliness, confidence, and joy. It has the potential to create a lasting impact on all those you meet. If you aren’t happy with the appearance of your smile, contact Dr. Ney, the Dental Guy, to learn if porcelain veneers are right for you.
Schedule your FREE consultation today and experience the transformative power of porcelain veneers.