Over time, denture technology has continuously evolved thanks to new materials, techniques, and knowledge. What began as far back as 2500 BC using repurposed animal teeth has evolved into the dentures we know and use today. Dentures have undergone many changes, evolving from materials such as bone, ivory, wood, and plastic to the acrylic, porcelain, or zirconia we use today. However, wearers of today’s dentures have encountered issues with their construction and instability, leading to the feeling that the dentures were “floating” in the mouth. To stabilize dentures, dentists began to place four dental implants in the jaw, which would act as anchors for the appliance. This All-on-4® system added greater stability, but the traditional dental implants used meant an invasive surgery and a long procedure timeline.
Recognizing the need for advanced solutions, Dr. Ney offers a more modern solution. The Fix-on-Six® system uses mini dental implants to secure dentures. Using mini implants instead of traditional ones has led to superior patient outcomes thanks to the many advantages of this innovative implant technology. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is All-on-4®?
To understand the Fix-on-Six® system, it is helpful to consider its precursor. So, what is the All-on-4® system exactly? The key is in the name: “All” of your artificial teeth on an upper or lower arch are connected to four traditional dental implants placed strategically around the gum line. This procedure allows for a full set of teeth to be securely anchored, but it has some drawbacks.
All-on-4® uses traditional dental implants, which require multiple visits to place and long healing times between each stage of implantation. These larger implants need time to fuse with the jawbone before the denture can be mounted, which lengthens the treatment timeline. And with just four points of support, if any of them fails, it’s like having a load-bearing wall in your house collapse.
However, thanks to advancements in dental technology, the All-on-4® system has received an upgrade: the Fix-on-Six® solution uses mini dental implants to create a more stable base. Plus, using mini dental implants comes with many added benefits.
Fix-on-Six®: The All-on-4® Replacement
The Fix-on-Six® system uses six to ten mini dental implants to firmly anchor the artificial teeth in your mouth with less risk. While you might think that having a greater number of implants would lead to more issues with implantation and recovery, the opposite is true.
These tiny yet powerful titanium posts are less than half the size of traditional implants, and their streamlined design means a more stable hold and a less invasive placement procedure. Measuring less than the width of a toothpick, Dr. Ney can place them in places where traditional implants can’t fit, making them a viable option for those with less jawbone density.
Compared to traditional implants, mini implants offer many additional benefits.
The Mini Implant Benefits of Fix-on-Six®
In addition to the increased stability they offer with six points of contact, the mini implants used in a Fix-on-Six® procedure provide many other benefits as well:
- Less invasiveness: The thinner profile and one-piece design of mini implants make their placement much less invasive, making for a quicker and smoother procedure.
- Faster recovery: Because of this less invasive procedure, most patients can get back to their normal lives much more quickly.
- Less bone required: If a lack of bone density was a concern before, mini implants solve this problem. Because they don’t require as much space in the bone, they make implant solutions available to a wider range of patients. At your free consultation, Dr. Ney will determine if you are a good candidate for this innovative procedure.
- Fewer appointments: Traditional implants often need multiple visits spread out over weeks or months to complete the process. In contrast, mini implant placement is faster, but Dr. Ney will take the time to ensure that the implants are placed precisely and securely.
- Lower cost: Who knew that a smaller size would also come with a smaller price tag? Mini implants are more cost-effective than their traditional counterparts because of their streamlined design and easier installation, which saves you money.
While using mini implants in the Fix-on-Six® system typically reduces the cost of the All-on-4® procedure, we understand that affordable denture solutions are important to our patients. Dr. Ney and his office manager, Miranda Pressley, are here to help you navigate the road of insurance paperwork, ensuring you maximize your benefits. We also partner with three different lending companies to offer flexible financing options that work within your budget.
Upgrade Your Smile
Have you been holding back your smile because of missing teeth or loose dentures? With the Fix-on-Six® treatment and mini dental implants, you can enjoy newfound continence while eating, speaking, and smiling.
Dr. Ney, “The Dental Guy,” will guide you through various options for tooth replacement. He will help you select an option that aligns with your preferences and budget while ensuring you receive exceptional service and care.
Don’t allow tooth loss to hold you back any longer. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!