What If I Don’t Have Enough Bone for a Conventional Implant?
If you have been told that you don’t have enough bone for a conventional implant, you may think you are out of options. Watch the video below as Dr. David P. Ney discusses the advantage of mini dental implants for those with jawbone loss.
If you don’t have enough bone for a conventional implant, that’s the perfect situation for an actual mini implant. And that’s why we want you to come down and let’s take an X ray, let’s take a CT and see what kind of bone you you actually do have. And between me and a few other people that I consult with, we can probably figure out what we can at least try to place up there.
There will be honestly, some things that just can’t probably fit up there. When you have a sinus that doesn’t allow us to have a whole lot of bone, there’s only so much that we can lift the actual sinus to place an implant. Sometimes there’s not an opportunity to put it exactly where we want to place it. But one of the best uses of mini implants is when people come in and say conventionals don’t work.
- What is a Dental Implant?
- What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- Are Mini Dental Implants as Effective as Conventional Implants?
- What If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- Will I Require Bone Grafting for a Mini Dental Implant?
- How Many Appointments are Required for a Mini Dental Implant?